Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Karma

There is always that one person on public transportation without any shame; they’ll talk about anything. This one particular story took place on a full bus to Philadelphia, as I was going home to visit the family. It involved multiple sick cats, their diets and lack of sanitation, an estranged sister who lived in a cabin in the woods with said cats and the trading of a particular buffalo skull for a painting of Pueblo Indian village that had adorned a friend’s office. Use your imagination. His voice was unabashedly sharing his story with the entire bus.

I couldn’t help but look around and wonder if we were being taped for a candid camera reality show. "Travel with Obnoxious Beatniks."

Just as I was judging him completely and writing all of this down in my trusty Moleskin, my own phone rings. My mother. Talk about karma…

No comments: