Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pambassadors?

I had previously posted that a research/tourist facility in China was seeking several international panda care-takers. Looks like they found the ideal candidates for the panda keepers...and didn't take my recommendation of using the news team from Anchorman. Sad.

They chose 6 candidates from 61,615 applicants, spanning 52 countries and regions in the world. Talk about competition!

See the story here, for more Pambassador goodness.

One thing in the article struck me, however. China Daily referred to one of the winners, Wang Yu-wen, as being from Taiwan. I don't ALWAYS read the China Daily (I probably should) but I was almost certain that most mainland Chinese, and especially state sponsored media, feel that Taiwan is still part of China. Maybe I'm wrong.

No comments: