Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cliff Lee headlines

Okay. I haven't done a post about them yet, but I am a die hard Phillies fan. When they lost to the Giants in October, I was very sad. It took me about a week, but watching Cliff Lee pitch for the Rangers made it a little easier...

Last night, around midnight, I received a text from my cousin - "cliff lee is a phillie!!!!!!!!!"

My response - "Wtf?"

I honestly have not been following much since they were essentially out of it during the winter meetings, but apparently ownership and Ruben Amaro Jr. made a special exception in the organizations already high salary budget (with just around $150 already committed).

Numerous sports writers have already covered this, so I won't go any further, but I wanted to provide a list of headlines from around the web. Some are clever...some aren't.

Cliff Lee Chooses (Brotherly) Love over Money

Cliff Motherfucking Lee —

Brother-Lee love! Lefty ace picks Philly

Bodley: Phils right a wrong, seize the moment

Yanks miss out on Lee as lefty heads to Philly

Sources: Lee jilts suitors to join Phils

Did Lee’s wife nix Yanks over nasty fans?

I heart everything about this story.

Also, rest in peace, Ambassador Holbrooke. Your service will not be forgotten.

No comments: